How do we walk with authority? How do we receive authority?
The source of all authority
All authority in heaven and earth is found in Our Lord Jesus.
· He has plenary (full and complete) authority.
· There are no limitations on the authority of Christ except those that he imposes on himself.
· One of the areas where he limits himself is in dealing with man. The Lord loves man but he gives man the right of choice. ?
2 Peter 3:9 (NKJV) 9The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward £us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
His will is to save all of us.
However, he leaves the choice in the hand of man.
The authority of man is demanding and commanding.
· Mans authority is established and maintained by “rule of law”
· Mans authority is sustained by force.
· Mans authority is extended by conquest through strength.
· Mans authority manipulates and dominates to gain or maintain advantage over others.
· Mans authority imposes its power
Jesus said it would not be so among us “His disciples”.
· Kingdom authority is always about representing the will of King Jesus.
· Kingdom authority is sent to bring about victory over the Adamic self-serving life.
· To bring an end to the dominion of Satan and his minions in the earth.
· Servant-hood is the means by which believers come in to Kingdom authority.
· Kingdom delegates are always sent to extend the bounds of Gods Kingdom.
· Kingdom authority represents the nature and ways of the King and waits for divine timing
How does an individual become a representative that carries the authority of the Lord?
· As a person dies to the “self serving” ways of man and
· They yield themselves to the life of Christ
· The individual receives a “measure of authority” 1. In proportion to their submission to the Lord 2. Consistent with the purposes of God
· When a vessel grapples with the self-serving issues of life and then yields, choosing the way of the Lamb
· The Holy Ghost releases enabling power/victory to overcome in that area.
· These experiences leave the vessel with the knowledge, wisdom, and victory in that area
The nature of Kingdom authority
· Kingdom authority brings direct confrontation to the “kingdom of darkness”
· Kingdom authority will never violate the free will of another.
Choice is a sovereign right given to man.
· An intercessors authority would be different from a prophet though both have insight
The intercessor prays what they see
While the prophet says what they see
· Kingdom authority is consistent with the purposes of the Lord to whom it is sent
Apostles, Prophets generally carry instruction/correction/governmental direction/order to the Church
While general prophecies from the congregation may bring edification, exhortation, and comfort, normally they carry little governmental direction
Delegates of Kingdom authority;
Carry life impacting, life changing;
· They are storehouses/repositories of victories won in the spirit.
· They are reservoirs of strategy concerning the arenas of personal and corporate battlefields that they are familiar with.
· They are empowered to help in line with their own submission to the “will of the Lamb”
Three things must happen in order for true Kingdom authority to manifest through a delegate
1. The delegate must be willing to be used
2. Their interests must not be his own but the interests of Christ
3. They must be received
· We unwrap the gift sent to us by receiving
· Through opening our hearts to the one sent we tap the hidden repository/storehouse within the gift
· By receiving we drop our bucket down into the well of the sent one
Two things will surface when a sent one is received. Every scribe instructed in the Kingdom brings forth out of his treasure both new and old.
One is “Old Things”.
These are things the delegate is familiar with; These things are easy to access because they are retained by experience through our memories.
· testimonies of overcoming
Second is “New Things”.
New things are just that;
· Words that come up in the course of discussion.
· Preachers experience this regularly. They will be talking about familiar things, when suddenly there will come out that they have never known.
· Some call it an epiphany.
· It seems as though the individual has a sudden intuitive inspiration.
· Yet this is beyond intuition. It is really when we tap the very “mind of the Spirit” hence we tap into “The Mind of the King”.
The Kingdom sent one is a gift and retains a gift within
· We must receive the person
· The we will receive the reward in the gift
There will be a release of the enabling victory resident in the nature of that gift
Jesus could do no mighty miracle in His hometown of Nazareth because of their unbelief. They did not receive him therefore the gift was closed to them.
Where Jesus was received he did mighty miracles
“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God.”
The insights and victories of one become the insights and victories of everyone that receives them
Kingdom delegates/authorities do not have the right to impose or manipulate to release their insight.
· Kingdom authorities have the right to stir up the gift
There are occasions when the gift is stirred through the needs that are presented
· There are times the gift within the repository of the spirit is provoked
· Yet the two chief ways is obedience or receiving.
Kingdom authorities are under mandate by their Lord to release deliver His message.
· They are guided smart bombs containing answers to the dilemma of man and death to the dominion of satan.
· They have answers to give and victories to release to those that receive them.