Ephesians 4: 15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
1. Godly Communication skills are vital to the increase and maturity of the Body
29Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.
1Don't be in any rush to become a teacher, my friends. Teaching is highly responsible work. Teachers are held to the strictest standards.
2And none of us is perfectly qualified. We get it wrong nearly every time we open our mouths. If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you'd have a perfect person, in perfect control of life.
3A bit in the mouth of a horse controls the whole horse. 4A small rudder on a huge ship in the hands of a skilled captain sets a course in the face of the strongest winds. 5A word out of your mouth may seem of no account, but it can accomplish nearly anything?or destroy it!
It only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. 6A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.
7This is scary: You can tame a tiger, 8but you can't tame a tongue?it's never been done. The tongue runs wild, a wanton killer.
2. The way members talk to one another builds or breaks the Body. Members of the body must learn how to communicate in Truth that is seasoned with Love.
·The "Spirit of Truth" is Love.
·Truth without Love is Law.
·Love without Truth is a License for Sin.
3. Love is the Bond of maturity that holds the Body together.
14Most of all, let love guide your life, for then the whole church will stay together in perfect harmony.
1 John 4:12
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
4. Out of the Head (Jesus) comes all relationships in the "Church" the body of Christ, "but God hath tempered the body together".God has placed us in the body of Christ according to His divine purpose.Some relationships are used as training ground for "Love".Some members may be sandpaper in shaping our lives.While we may be sandpaper to others.
1 Corinthians 12:18
18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1 Corinthians 12:24-25
24whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,
25so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
5. Every member must hold to Jesus in life.Out of Jesus proceeds divine relationships.A member is not a joint. Joints are relationships between members.A "Kingdom" joint is a divine connection (relationship) between two or more members.When members become aware that a new encounter may be a "Kingdom Joint" and then follow on to become coupled together in ordained covenant, the body becomes fruitful.God things begin to increase in the Church hence in the earth because ofthese "Relationships".
19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
6. There is a powerful ability in the design of every part.However, that ability and effect is only felt as that member stays in right relationship with others in its ordained place in the "Family of God"."Try always, be eager, and diligent" to preserve unity of the Spirit.
3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
7. Staying related in Love, is the only way there can be true increase in the body from the Head.The Royal Law of Love must take preeminence over every thing that offends. The Royal Law of Love causes the Church to be built up and increased with the increase of God.
19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.
1 Peter 3:8-9
8Finally, all of you, have unity of spirit, sympathy, love of the brethren, a tender heart and a humble mind.
9Do not return evil for evil or reviling for reviling; but on the contrary bless, for to this you have been called, that you may obtain a blessing.
1 John 2:10
10He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1 John 3:16
16Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1 John 3:23
23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
8. Due to the fact, we are a divorce ridden society; it seems an easy thing for people to cast aside divinely ordained relationships.At the first challenge, at the aroma of greener pastures, or in a moment of trouble we casually discard what our Father has divinely orchestrated.In doing so we set aside the wisdom of God and elect to serve ourselves.Relationship with Him has always been the eternal plan of the Father for man.When we love one another we honor "the blood covenant" Jesus paid for.Our relationship with one another is the evidence of our true relationship with Him.
1 John 4:20
20If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.